'Teenage Dreams in a Teenage Circus'

Supreme Source for Your Musical Inspiration

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hot Off The Press: Memory Tapes Remixes Phoenix

Hot Off the Press :: 1901(Memory Tapes Remix)

Earlier today, Memory Tapes released on his blog this remix of one of the most popular/best/catchy songs of last year and certainly one of the biggest "crossover" songs (it was in a Cadillac car commercial...).  This remix is a beat dreamier if you will, featuring many more synth sounds.  All that it really retains from the original is the vocals; otherwise, it feels like a completely re-worked and separate song, which I like because it feels like it has its own identity.  It definitely feels slower, in part due to the fact that for much of the song it is just the vocals with the synths in the background, with the only one being featured prominently a sort of arpeggiated sound and a slow tambourine for the drums.  My favorite part though is around 1:40 when it speeds up.  Probably my favorite of the many remixes that Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix has spawned (I like to call them "Wolfgang Amadeus Remixes... I'm just too good I know).

mp3: 1901 (Memory Tapes Remix)


In Other News:



Beach House' much anticipated (is it just me or does it seem like everything has been really anticipated this year?) Teen Dream was just released.  I have yet to listen to it enough times to review it, but I will say it is very enjoyable.  Here's the first song that was released from it.

mp3: Norway

-- A Teenage Elephant (SW)

1 comment:

  1. Give us some more TE. What's out this week?

    ReplyDelete

Searches?