'Teenage Dreams in a Teenage Circus'

Supreme Source for Your Musical Inspiration

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Back from the Br-..... Being Lazy

So, as I am sure you have noticed, I haven't posted in about two weeks.  I would say no excuses, except I do have a few and I think that you should be informed.

1)  There just hasn't been that much out that has really interested me, although since some new tracks that did generate some buzz, I do feel obliged to post 'em so I will below.  From here on out though, I won't be as posting as often as when I first started the blog.  I was posting 3-4 times a week and writing a lot each time, and it got to be a lot to handle (I am in high school after all); also, I will only be posting on stuff that I feel is important/what I feel I enjoy.  I feel I was just posting whatever was coming out/stuff I didn't really care about, so from now on it'll just be stuff I think should let y'all know about.  Having said that, I will still posting tracks that EVERYONE is buzzing about, that way you're in the loop!

2) This is the bigger reason, and what will be the bigger change to the blog.  I don't know if you guys know this, but the blog service I use, Blogspot, has begun deleting music blogs that have repeatedly been found to be posting illegal tracks, even though the bands are DEFINITELY happy about it... but I won't get into that whole spiel right now...  I've already gotten two emails looking like this:
fromsupport@blogger.com
towolk.sam@gmail.com
ccblogger-dmca-notification@google.com
dateThu, Feb 4, 2010 at 2:20 PM
subjectBlogger DMCA takedown notification
mailed-byblogger.bounces.google.com
signed-bygoogle.com,blogger.com
hide details Feb 4 (6 days ago)

Blogger has been notified, according to the terms of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), that certain content in your blog is alleged to infringe upon the copyrights of others. As a result, we have reset the post(s) to "draft" status. (If we did not do so, we would be subject to a claim of copyright infringement, regardless of its merits. The URL(s) of the allegedly infringing post(s) may be found at the end of this message.) This means your post - and any images, links or other content - is not gone. You may edit the post to remove the offending content and republish, at which point the post in question will be visible to your readers again.
asking me to remove posts.  There were more to the emails, but that is the essence.  Seeing as I REALLY don't want my blog taken down after just three months, for now I will hold off on posting mp3 links for downloads, but I will instead put in embedded Lala boxes and the like.  I am dreading receiving a final email that says this:

Subject: Blogger Blog takedown notification
We’d like to inform you that we’ve received another complaint regarding your blog (http://irockcleveland.blogspot.com/). Upon review of your account, we’ve noted that your blog has repeatedly violated Blogger’s Terms of Service (http://www.blogger.com/terms.g). Given that we’ve provided you with several warnings of these violations and advised you of our policy towards repeat infringers, we’ve been forced to remove your blog.
Thank you for your understanding.
Sincerely,
The Blogger Team


I don't think I would understand... but thank you guys for understanding my changes!


So, now that that is out of the way, back to my music blog, which will now be slightly less legitimate and slightly more depressing for me that I can't post links, but oh well... I'm sure you can all find links VERY easily on Hypem... Wink Wink Nudge Nudge...  And finally, on to the music!!!!


-- A (Slightly Sadder) Teenage Elephant


What HAS Interested Me

ALBUMS
Yeasayer :: Odd Blood
This was an album that I have been talking up a lot on this blog, and from what I have listened to of it so far, I think it hasn't quite lived up to it, but it is enjoyable for the most part.  I feel I haven't quite listened to it thoroughly enough to review it, but I will definitely be posting one later.  For now you can  stream the whole album at their MySpace.

Local Natives :: Gorilla Manor
 Now this is an album that I talked up a lot that I do think is living up its/my hype.  I am really loving this album and feeling that it really captures the LA indie sound.  Again, I will post a review later, and you can stream the whole album at NPR, which I HIGHLY recommend you do.


SONGS
The Morning Benders
First Up: Here is a fantastic video from the Morning Benders.  They are performing the first track, "Excuses," from their LP Big Echo, which I am highly anticipating and is due out in March.  In this video they sing with a bunch of other San Francisco natives, including Christopher Owens, the singer for Girls, whom I saw the Morning Benders open for.


Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros :: Home
These guys and this track has been around for a while, but it has started to pick up some radio time and I really love this track/the band so I figured I would post it.  


Broken Bells :: Vaporize
 Broken Bells, AKA James Mercer and Danger Mouse, just put up their newest track, "Vaporize" on their MySpace. IMHO, it's not quite as good as "the High Road," but still very enjoyable (sorry no embed).
 

Harlem :: Someday Soon
 Another opener track, "Someday Soon" is an enjoyable jam form lo-fi-ers Harlem.  Listen to it here it PMA (sorry no embed). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Searches?