'Teenage Dreams in a Teenage Circus'

Supreme Source for Your Musical Inspiration

Sunday, March 14, 2010

So, sorry I haven't had any posts this week... I was incapacitated all week if it is any consolation... I'm not sure why that would stop me from posting but.....

A lot went dooooown this week (including several excellent album releases: Titus Andronicus, Broken Bells, the Morning Benders and more), so here goes it.

MGMT :: Flash Delirium
Definitely the biggest thing of the week, this is the first single from their upcoming album, Congratulations, and I love it.  I think they sort of pulled what Spoon did with Transference in that they tried to go out for a slightly more experimental sound that they almost knew more people wouldn't like it, as if they wanted to reject some of the mainstream success they had.  I would compare its sound most to "The Handshake" from the previous album.  Not sure if I agree with Pitchfork's comparison to the Beatles buttt....
PS Album Artwork Win (I just can't wait to see what is underneath it... more on that in another post).

mp3: Flash Delirium (Yayyy mp3s... they are actually all hotlinked from Pitchfork, thus making it OK with Googlé?)

Light Pollution :: Good Feelings
Some more goodness from the always great Carpark Records.  Anthemic, up-beat, trad indie-guitars... Woohoo!

mp3: Good Feelings

Born Ruffians :: Sole Brother
An enjoyable new release from what I think of as Vampire Weekend replacements... not as great as some of the stuff from their first album but I still enjoyed it.  Slightly slower, a little groovier...

mp3: Sole Brother

Neon Indian :: Sleep Paralyst
Ehhhhh... The track did grow on me though.  Oh and the Wall Street Journal has an article about Chillwave...

mp3: Sleep Paralyst

Yeasayer :: O.N.E.
The new video from Yeasayer is soooo different from all their other videos... it's trippy (*Sarcasm... tone of voice just doesn't come through the interwebs...)!  But yes, it is certainly one of the trippier ones, although it does have a "plot" (but of course the "plot" ends up making no sense).  In a nutshell... creepy guy walks into party, but it looks cool.  Not my favorite song from a very good album (more coming in another post...), but still worth watching.  There is some Tron Chess in it... more on Tron Below


Yeasayer "ONE" By: Radical Friend from ODDBLOOD on Vimeo.





-- A Teenage Elephant


In Other News...
-Stars anounced a new album due out in June
-New Daft Punk can be heard in the epic trailer for Tron Legacy below...
-Also since I put one trailer in, I felt like I would put another in.  If Inception is anywhere near as good as its trailer, it will be unreal.




(Woo, Woo, that's the sound of the Idea Police)

3 comments:

  1. How about fits and the tantrums. At SXSW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you know I had never heard of them before. Thanks a lot. I really like them. They shall certainly be in my next post. Are you at SXSW right now?

    I wish I was there... school...

    ReplyDelete

Searches?