'Teenage Dreams in a Teenage Circus'

Supreme Source for Your Musical Inspiration

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Interview w/ Lord Huron

Hey --


I've been out of town this week and haven't had much time to post - as always I apologize.  In the mean time, here is a very brief interview with Lord Huron, whom I posted about right here (and will most likely be seeing at the Troubadour in a few weeks).  In retrospect, I could have asked much better questions, but oh well!  


I will hopefully have an interview with the Cloud Nothings coming up (who are excellent, and whom I saw with Toro y Moi and Braids a week or two ago - I actually had a long conversation with Tyler, the Creator from OFWGKTA - more about that later).  Without further ado, Ben Schneider.


Me: You are still fairly new to the LA music scene - What do you think listeners should know about your music?


Benji SchneiderHopefully everything folks need to know is there in the music.  


MeHow did you first start making music/how long have you been together with the rest of your band?


BS (Maybe I should switch to LH for Lord Huron...)I've been making music for some time. I grew up playing bass in the orchestra and started my first band with Mark (drummer in Lord Huron) when we were 12 or 13. We played together for years and then went our separate ways for college. I was in some other bands and so was Mark, but I always knew I wanted to play with him again. We both went off into the world and learned a few things and now this project has brought us back together. We were lucky to find a great gang to join us.  


Me: How would you describe your music?


LHI don't believe I've figured that out. For better or worse, I leave that to others.


MeWhat's your writing and recording process like, and do you think it directly influences the sound of your music?


LHI often conceptualize a song visually and set out to evoke that image sonically. I hope that comes across here and there.   


MeDo you think you have a theme that you like to make music about/consistently find yourself writing songs about?


LHI'm interested in telling stories or portions of stories and letting the listener fill in the details. I find that to be a very worthwhile challenge. Nature and girls always seem to make their way in there. I have to resist the urge to write songs about cheeseburgers.


Me:  Again, thank you so much for your time, and keep up the awesome work!






Be Seein' You!
--me.

1 comment:

  1. Very informative, keep posting such good articles, it really helps to know about things.

    ReplyDelete

Searches?