'Teenage Dreams in a Teenage Circus'

Supreme Source for Your Musical Inspiration

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Jeff Beam's Venus Flying Trapeze

Hey all --

So today I am going to try to begin a new schedule - Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays.  Knowing me, I most likely will not succeed.  I apologize in advance.

Jeff Beam
More good music from the New York/Boston axis (and some New Jersey-ers in there as well I believe)!  (Yes I just made up that so-called "axis").  It sounds like there are some great classic rock influences here, as well as some very Elliot Smith-esque songs.  It sort of reminds me of an upbeat cross between Grizzly Bear and Elliot Smith, if either of them were ever happy.  I guess all I can do today is make poor comparisons to other musicians - yes for the power of terrible writing!

My favorites are Mister Sister, Wake Jolk (there's a play on words in there, but you most likely will not get it.  You just don't know very cool people I guess.), People Places, and Mere Mirror.  And Can You Feel the Curve of the Earth?.  And the rest of the album.

You can download some of them for free, but really, the album is only three bucks so I COMMAND YOU TO BUY IT.  Alright now listen.

Alright I know this was bad writing today, just respect the music


--Wam Solk

2 comments:

  1. I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

    ReplyDelete

Searches?