'Teenage Dreams in a Teenage Circus'

Supreme Source for Your Musical Inspiration

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Mates of State

Sorry if it has been a little longer between posts, but nothing has really been of that much interest to me.  The only things that I can think of are that a little while the first cut from the upcoming Band of Horses album was released interestingly as a free music video; unfortunately it didn't make a great impression on me even though I am big fan, so I'm not going to put it here, but it is worth checking out if you like them.  Also, the MGMT album comes out in a couple of days, and one more thing below.  Also, their is an off chance that I have no posts this week, but there is some big news... I'M GOING TO COACHELLA THIS COMING WEEKEND!!!  I'll be blogging from my first festival, so I hope yall enjoy that...

Mates of State
Married couple and indie rock duo Mates of State will be releasing a cover album over the sum featuring some very eclectic choices, ranging from Girls to Tom Waits to the Mars Volta.  They just released the first track on the album, their new take on Girls' "Laura."  It's more electronic, and perhaps a bit more upbeat and happy in its tone.  I enjoyed it thoroughly and am looking forward to the album, so here you go!



  

    

    

    

    

    

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Searches?