'Teenage Dreams in a Teenage Circus'

Supreme Source for Your Musical Inspiration

Monday, April 19, 2010

Quick Coachella Report

Hey Everybody...
Photo by Sam Wolk... The Teenage Elephant



Photo By Me

So I got back from Coachella this morning, and needless to say it was incredible/one of the best weekends of my life.  Also needless to say, I am really REALLY REALLY tired right now, so I'm going to give a quick report now and then put a long post up (hopefully) later tonight, which should include pictures and, if they came out ok, videos.  Also, I am sorry I didn't get to post at all while there, I just didn't have any internet access and using my friend's BlackBerry would be waaaaaaay too much of a hassle.  Also, any of the people who I met while at Coachella, if you want you can send me an email (wolk.sam@gmail.com or teenageelephant@gmail.com)/comment below and leave your email address etc. if you like.

I didn't get to see all the bands I wanted, partly due to times and partly because I was with my friend and there were some bands I sacrificed for his bands and vice versa, but I did try some new styles (i.e. some harder rock and electro/rave/dub... my friend is more of the fist pumper type) and still got to see some amazing (and one or two not so amazing) shows.

Highlights of Everything... Briefly.
The best day for shows was easily Sunday - I saw Local Natives, Rusko, Jonsi, Phoenix, and Thom Yorke.  All five of them played incredible shows, and I was front row for each.  Unfortunately I missed Spoon and Pavement to get front row for those last three shows, which were all in a row on the same stage, but sacrifices must be made.  I'll write loads about it all in the full post.  The Phoenix and Thom Yorke/Atoms for Peace concerts were two of the best concerts I have ever seen.  Period.

Biggest let down:  Yo La Tengo.  I love them (although I realize I have never written about them on here), but the show (at least the first 3 songs... I walked out) was horrendous.  More later.

Other highlights: Beach House, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes (and my faux pas with Jane), LCD Soundsystem, Muse (unfortunately I missed Hot Chip, Dirty Projectors, and MGMT on account of Muse and my friend, but we did end up front row for Muse which is pretty unreal.), (Missed Grizzly Bear).

Much more in the coming post (might take a day or two to put together though...)

--A Teenage Elephant

3 comments:

  1. you didnt see lcd?

    -anon

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I saw LCD... they were great (to quote radiohead... no surprises)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sam it's shane from jonsi/phoenix/thom yorke yesterday; what's up! I have videos from everything if you're interested

    ReplyDelete

Searches?