'Teenage Dreams in a Teenage Circus'

Supreme Source for Your Musical Inspiration

Friday, February 19, 2010

The Delta Mirror! (And New Morning Benders/Broken Social Scene and More)











Hey Readers---


I have an excellent post full of a ton of great music so PLEASE PLEASE listen to it ALL.  I think this post is my best in terms of all the music in it.  PLEASE COMMENT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK.


Delta Mirror







Just heard these guys for the first time this past week and I love them.  They are another great band hailing from my stomping (or maybe tip-toeing... I don't do a lot of stomping, I'm more mellow...) grounds, LA... And yes I am joking when I use the term stomping grounds.  These guys sound say they are akin to Fuck Buttons and the Big Pink, but to me they are a bit less crowded and certainly more downtempo, making their music seem more pensive more emotional.  Upon further listening, I have realized that each song actually takes place in a different room of a hospital (this will be true of the whole album), which further adds to that strong emotional impact.  This immediately brings to mind Antlers' Hospice, and I think that this is just as moving; another song that I feel is incredibly moving and possibly my favorite song ever, and I'm not one to choose favorites, is LCD Soundsystem's "Someone Great."  If you haven't heard it GO LISTEN TO IT IMMEDIATELY.  Although most of their songs are that slower, affecting feeling that is sometimes only expressed through simpler instruments, they also throw in some glitch, giving them an Interpol/Postal Service cross feeling.  The stuff is really excellent and I really recommend you head over to their MySpace and check out all of their stuff.  Their first album, Machines Will Listen comes out on 3/26 on Lefse Records, and for any of my readers in LA, the will be doing a three week residency at the Echo starting this Tuesday, and you should try to check them out if you can. Please please please go to their MySpace and listen to all of their stuff, it's excellent!







a song about the end



Morning Benders :: Excuses



  

    

    

    

    

    

    

  



A bunch of buzz has been going around about the Morning Benders this week, which is making me really happy!  I think these guys are really talented and are going to be a really great band in the coming years.  They are still really young, and I always think it's cool to see people really make an impact of some sort in the music community (did you catch the wishful thinking?).  You can pop over to their site by clicking "more info" in the player above and download the new song for the price of the email.  These guys will be kicking off a tour in New York in a couple of days, and I will definitely looking forward to hopefully seeing them for a second time when they come to LA in March.


Caribou :: Odessa
Caribou just released the video to Odessa, one of my favorite of their tracks.  The video is very interested, not sure of my thoughts on it.  Tell me what you think!   Download the song for an email over at their site.




Broken Social Scene :: World Sick
All You Need to Know
New Broken Social Scene = Epic.
5 Year Wait = Worth It
Give Email = Get Song
May 4 = Forgiveness Rock Record Release
May 3 = Broken Social Scene @ the Fonda


 


Last but not least
Phoenix :: Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands
Phoenix covered Bob Dylan with just Thomas Mars vocal and strumming guitar... 'nuff said.  Some might find it cheesy though...  I absolutely love it.


Download the HQ version over at PMA.

-- A Teenage Elephant (reflecting on this post full of excellent music)

PS Please Please Comment and tell me what you think of everything

1 comment:

Searches?