'Teenage Dreams in a Teenage Circus'

Supreme Source for Your Musical Inspiration

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Strokes Reunite!


Just in: The Strokes are reuniting! They will be playing their first live show since 2006 at British music festival Isle of Wright soon (they will be headline with Jay-Z........? Sounds good though). They will then follow up with a small tour.  According to lead singer Julian Casablancas they will also be entering the studio to record a fourth album.  Even though they never officially broke up, they hadn't done anything in three years and were supposedly in a band fight... the band vs. Casablancas. I really like their first two albums Is This It and Room on Fire (I mean how can you not), but I didn’t really think that their third album was all that great.  It just didn’t live up to the first two albums.  I always have found their sound to be so distinct and unique… the distortion on the guitar, Julian Casablancas’ voice… that’s what I really like about them.  Besides the third album and (a term I am about to coin…) the ‘rockbandification’ (it’s official…COINED) of the band, which isn’t really anything and doesn’t change the music at all and doesn’t really mater… I really think they are great.

Also worth checking out is Julian Casablancas’ new solo album Phrazes for the Young, released a couple of weeks ago.  I’m not a huge fan, but for big any Strokes fans it’d probably go over well.

Also, Strokes drummer Fabritzi Moretti has a side project called Little Joy with a Brazillian guy from the band Los Hermanos.  It’s mellow, mostly acoustic stuff that is pretty good.  Their one album Little Joy was released in 2007.

-- A Teenage Elephant

P.S. For anybody who knows me/my dad I just found Is This It in my dad's cd collection between Laura Nyro and Bob Dylan... Classic.

 Julian Casablancas :: 11th Dimension
 

Little Joy :: The Next Time Around


No comments:

Post a Comment

Searches?